How to change your Body Corporate Administration.

There are two steps you need to undertake if you find yourself in an unsatisfactory Body Corporate situation relating to either an unpopular Body Corporate Chairperson or an inept or unacceptable Secretary and these steps are set out below:

1. Firstly, talk in confidence to some of the other Unit Owners in your complex to establish how many of them are as unhappy as you are. If you need to know the identity of the owners of some of the other Units in your complex, you can click on contact and get in touch with us to find out.

2. Then contact us by telephone to obtain details of the manner in which we think your Body Corporate should be run in the areas that are upsetting you and to find out how much we would be likely to charge if we were to be appointed to carry out its Secretarial duties independently, competently and professionally.

We will then be able to advise you about the next steps that will need to be taken in order to bring about the desired change.

If you prefer, you can contact us in order to make your initial enquiries before taking any of the above steps. Please contact us.

An important point to remember is that no Body Corporate Secretary should ever be appointed before full details of his/her experience and qualifications have been notified to those making the appointment and every care needs to be taken to ensure there are no possible conflicts of interest.

Return to the Unit Owners Seeking Change page.

copyright 2009